Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 99

Thread: Edited - Signature Length Poll

  1. #31
    Inactive Member Melissa*Olivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    515
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I vote for a max of ONE ticker.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Felicity_Fan85:
    How is my sig? I'm just wondering. I will most likely change it once my newest girls come (which will probably be on Fri. or Mon.) I only have paint to go by, so I save my pictures onto my computer and then I resize using paint.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Your ticker and your picture with Felicity are fine. The only thing you have which makes your signature long is 7 lines of text starting with your name. I would like to see only about 2 or 3 lines of text. You could reduce yours by putting your doll's names all on one line and maybe using different colors to differentiate them. The fewer the lines of text - the less scrolling needed.

  3. #33
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll ask an opinion of mine. I would like to keep the ticker, would others prefer if I take out the list of dolls, or the imagestation link?

  4. #34
    Inactive Member jaydon724's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2004
    Posts
    644
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Skittl, I think your siggie is fine.

  5. #35
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I want to address the comment that limiting photos to a byte limit and pixel limit would be "too confusing" for people who don't know how to resize photos. The people on this board are very helpful, and those of us who know how to resize photos would, I'm sure, be willing to help anyone who has probems with photo editing software.

    The only thing I wouldn't like is someone changing a photo daily and asking me to edit it every day [img]wink.gif[/img] but I don't think there would be any problems with a stated bytes limit. Bytes is what causes slow loading time. A photo can be huge and be fewer bytes than a small one, since it depends on the resolution the photo was set at. To not limit bytes/memory size would be a mistake if we are concerned about loading time for dial-ups.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 23, 2006 10:59 AM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  6. #36
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is the problem I have - my photos have a lot of bytes so even resizing them in Photobucket doesn't really reduce the bytes, I believe. However, it does help with reducing the scrolling. How do you reduce the bytes and will it make the picture look sort of bad?

  7. #37
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Skittl1321:
    I'll ask an opinion of mine. I would like to keep the ticker, would others prefer if I take out the list of dolls, or the imagestation link?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I like your ticker. It is fun and it's AG related. You can eliminate one line by using the URL button under add reply.
    Copy the link for your albums.
    Press URL
    Paste the album Link into the box that opens up.
    Another box will open up and put in "My Imagestation Album"
    Press OK

    Then, you will have eliminated the need for two lines. The line that says "My Imagestation Albums" will also be the link. So, no information will lost and you don't have to chose between your doll list and your albums. You doll list is in a great format because it takes only one line.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmmm... I'm going to have to re-read this photo sizing information again. Thanks! It seems a bit complicated only because I plug my camera into my computer and it automatically copies the photos to a file. I never paid attention to if I had choices about the resolution.

    So, for now until we come up with something more concrete please keep your signature within these general guidelines:

    2 or fewer tickers
    1 medium/larger picture or 2 or 3 smaller pictures
    3 or fewer lines of text

    Thanks for your help!

  9. #39
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by judiaci:
    That is the problem I have - my photos have a lot of bytes so even resizing them in Photobucket doesn't really reduce the bytes, I believe. However, it does help with reducing the scrolling. How do you reduce the bytes and will it make the picture look sort of bad?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The setting to look for to reduce the memory size is "dpi" (dots per inch). 300+ is what many photo software programs are set to; that is higher than needed if you aren't getting a photo developed. Most people's photo editing software is set up for photos to be developed. When photos are developed, they have to be memory intensive because we want to get very clear prints. But when photos are posted online, we don't need all the fine detailing that a photo processor needs.

    When I upload photos I use low memory/dpi (kitty at 180 dpi: http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/avatars...m/00001895.jpg ), and have never had anyone complain about them looking funny. I think a good setting is about 150-200 dpi, but it will really depend on the individual photo and how much detailing it has.

    I don't know how PhotoBucket works, but resizing online (such as in HTML) often just changes the dimensions of a photo without actually changing its memory size.

    I hope this helps. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 23, 2006 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  10. #40
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    Melissa...I often have my photos developed on line. Would I have to constantly be changing my bytes sizes to accomidate both? Did that make sense?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •